Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care, with an emphasis on pediatrics, in a variety of clinical settings to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly specialized practitioner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, consultation, and health education
- Obtains patient histories and develop patient care charts, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Provide health education to students, families and/or community health practitioners and groups, within area of specialty
- Supervise and/or coordinate the activities of patient care and/or support staff
- Administer a specific health care activity as appropriate
- May participate in planning programs and/or infection control methods
- Maintains Electronic Health records for all patients in a timely manner
- Practices within the limits of Standardized Procedures
- Indirectly supervises Medical Assistants
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
State of California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License.
Minimum 1-year experience directly related to the Essential DutiesJob Requirements:
Ability to read and interpret documents operating and/or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with customers and all members of the health care team. Bilingual Fluent in the English/Spanish language both written and oral.
- Strong analytical, planning, and strategy skills.
- Ability to collaborate, motivate and support teammates.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
This job description indicates the critical features as described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.