CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is responsible and accountable for total unit/s operations on a 24-hour basis to include fiscal management, staff development, and resource management with the ultimate goal of achieving quality and safe patient care.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Supervises assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff of the department to ensure the quality of work.
3. Manages the workflow of the unit to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
4. Implements and supports patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
5. Develops staffing patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
6. Works to develop and retain highly skilled and well-rounded staff including hiring, orienting, training, directing work, evaluating performance and assuring clinical competency.
7. Contributes to the effective management of the department including supplies, equipment, space, technology, policies and procedures.
8. Contributes to the financial viability of the organization including managing productivity and budgeting process.
9. Maintains effective working relationships, communication and collaborative decision making with medical staff, other departments, leaders, staff and others.
10. Assists the organization in maintaining and achieving its goals related to licensure, regulatory, and accreditation standards.
11. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
12. Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of various reports including staff schedules, payroll, labor productivity, IRIS and others as assigned.
13. Participates in community activities on behalf of the organization.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Current RN license in the State of Kentucky
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years RN experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership (i.e. RN-Charge) experience required.
- Equivalent leadership capabilities will be considered in lieu of the leadership experience requirement based on executive leadership approval.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice.
- Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts.
- Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll system.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.