St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Performs basic patient care activities such as taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications and ensuring patient comfort as well as routine, skilled tasks under the direction of a Physician, Advanced Practitioner or Registered Nurse. Responsible for reporting the status of the patients to the Registered Nurse, Advanced Practitioner or Physician. Facilitates communication between members of the health care team, patients and families. The Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values of the organization. JOB DETAILS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY DEMANDS:
- Administers medications within scope, performs phlebotomy as directed by Physician or Advanced Practitioner. Accepts, verifies and carries out verbal orders.
- Assists the health care provider with special procedures, treatment of injuries and physical examinations.
- Review discharge instructions with patient and documents in the electronic record.
- Demonstrates ability to confidentially use the Electronic Medical Record systems to accurately enter and complete data.
- Assists with the emergency care of patient when necessary.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs and information relayed by patient.
- Performs EKG and Spirometry, records results.
- Collects laboratory specimens in correctly labeled tubes or containers, processes samples as directed, accurately records results.
- Performs other patient care activities as directed; records observations. Monitors and documents patient condition.
- Demonstrates ability to competently utilize all electronic software applications for entering data, ordering tests/procedures and results reporting.
- Utilizes effective and appropriate communication style, excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintains positive manner, addresses all company representatives, patients, visitors and co-workers in a courteous manner at all times.
- Addresses and/or triages phone calls requiring medical information, interpretation or judgment to the appropriate clinical staff.
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 8 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Frequently lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher with assistance when appropriate. Consistently pull up to 10 lbs. Frequently pull up to 250 lbs. with assistance when appropriate. Frequently stoop and bend, crouch, kneel and climb. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Occasional crawling. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Frequently finger and handle objects. Occasionally firmly grasp, twist, turn objects with hands and fingers. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual monotony (e.g. computer screen). EDUCATION:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License required TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
BLS required. Additional training health care field preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.