The PRN Registered Nurse provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, incorporating differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education. Relies on education and training to complete responsibilities within scope of licensure as registered nurse
- Patient psychosocial/physiologic assessments that integrates changing data are performed at all times.
- A plan of care based on trends of similar patients, including patient education and discharge planning is formulated; Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs, including cultural/ethical/spiritual needs at all times.
- Active participation in the planning of routine transitional health care needs (i.e. treatment options patient placement options, end of life options) is provided at all times.
- Changes in patient's needs are immediately responded to and holistic care provided using independent clinical judgment based on knowledge drawn from education and experience at all times.
- Planned educational programs and information are adapted to individual patients and family by modifying teaching strategies or content and integrates this education during the delivery of patient care as evidenced by collaborates with patients/families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Efficiency in the delivery of care is ensured; immediate priorities are determined and solutions for problems offered as needed.
- Actively advocates for patient rights and identifies potential conflict counsel for resolution of conflict is sought as necessary.
- Variances from expected outcomes are identified and revisions in the plan of care made based patient outcomes as necessary.
- All patient care activities are accurately documented per documentation standards; Assistance is provided to the healthcare team with the documentation process as needed.
- Communication/collaboration with the health care team members, patients and families is consistently provided to maximize patient outcomes at all times.
- Patient care activities are appropriately delegated to other health care team members and participates in making and revising staff assignments to achieve maximum productivity as needed.
- Knowledge regarding unit initiatives is maintained, as evidence by the incorporation of the outcomes of the team/committees work into practice.
- Actively participates on unit teams, work groups and/ or committees as requested; Anticipates needs and voluntarily assists others
Graduate of accredited school of nursing License:
Current Louisiana State license as RN
ACLS must be obtained within 6 months of hire date
NRP must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into department.
Keywords, RN, Nurse, Reg Nurse