Family Medicine Residency Program Director
- Merritt Hawkins
- Lancaster, South Carolina
- Closing date
- Apr 13, 2023
- Family Medicine / General Practice, Family Practice
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Health Lancaster Medical Center seeks a Residency Program Director for its inaugural family medicine residency program. This exciting, new full-time position requires a strong leader with academic, clinical, and leadership acumen. The incoming director will help the MUSC Health Lancaster Medical Center navigate the transformation and help the team build an innovative program.
Even with South Carolina’s robust medical education, more graduate medical education opportunities are critical to boosting the number of doctors delivering care in interdisciplinary teams. Expanding GME will provide a pipeline for new graduates to stay in the system, learn with other healthcare providers, and remain in the state to practice medicine.
Interested candidates must be board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians. Requirements include three years of educational or administrative experience.
- Leadership opportunity - Be the Inaugural Family Medicine Residency Program Director
- Build a full-scope family medicine residency incorporating rural and population health
- Put your mark on the program - Be the architect of the inaugural program with the backing of MUSC
- MUSC Health Lancaster Medical Center is a High Performing Hospital (US News & World Report)
- Work with clinics across South Carolina to build meaningful healthcare relationships, expand access, and improve the health and well-being of rural residents
- Develop and expand the traditional core curriculum by incorporating virtual health and emerging technologies
Lancaster, SC, gives you your pick of many excellent Charlotte suburbs with a commute of about 30 minutes or less. Known as the Red Rose City, Lancaster is an idyllic, close-knit community between Charlotte and Columbia. Our practice offers a community with small-town charm and Southern hospitality.
- Access to top-ranked schools in the state
- Low cost of living and excellent housing options
- Enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities—hiking, biking, kayaking, rock climbing, and more
- Proximity to Charlotte, NC: world-class shops, restaurants, professional sports teams, international airport, and more
- Within driving distance of beaches and mountains
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert