The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is conducting a national search for an outstanding Physician-Investigator to oversee all departmental functions and operations as Chair of the Department of Dermatology, in the Division of Internal Medicine.
The Department Chair is responsible for providing leadership and assumes full responsibility for all areas of the academic department, including, but not limited to, direct patient care; basic, translational, and clinical research within the department; faculty development and evaluation; integration of educational programs; finance and budgeting; and departmental strategic planning. The Chair will provide career development opportunities and mentorship for department faculty and trainees, and foster their growth in clinical, research, academic, and professional areas. The Chair will also represent the department, division, and institution in local, regional, state, and national matters.
The Chair of the Department of Dermatology will report to the Head of the Division of Internal Medicine and be charged with leading a nationally recognized department and contributing to the prevention and elimination of cancer, transformative research, and exceptional education. Chair candidates must have a defined vision and possess the necessary skills to identify clinical and research opportunities.
- 5 years of experience as professor or equivalent
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Board certification in Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology
- Eligible for unrestricted Texas medical licensure Demonstration of clinical excellence and performance
- Administrative experience at a departmental or institutional level
- Proven track record of successful and independent clinical or translational research and grant or clinical trial funding
- Consistent record of contributions to education or training and to mentoring of trainees, faculty, or staff
- Progressive leadership experience in an academic setting, preferred experience in an oncologic setting
- Ability to function effectively in a matrix organization characterized by complex intra- and inter-disciplinary relationships
At MD Anderson, our mission is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public. We are one of the premier cancer centers in the world, based on the excellence of our people, our research-driven patient care and our science.
Interested individuals should submit a CV, a statement of interest and contact information for three professional references by December 12, 2023 to Katie Dean with Opus Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.