Employment Type: Staff Specialist - Permanent
Requisition ID: REQ252310
Hours: up to 2FTE
COVID-19 Vaccination Compliancy
All Category A NSW Health workers are required to have and produce evidence of (1) or (2) hereunder:
(1) Three doses of a TGA approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine (in accordance with ATAGI minimum intervals) *; or
(2) (a) Two doses of a TGA approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine (in accordance with ATAGI minimum intervals), and the third dose:
(i) Within eight (8) weeks from the date of issue of this Policy if it is more than thirteen (13) weeks since they received their second dose; or
(ii) Within six (6) weeks from the due date for the worker’s third dose of a TGA approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine,
Whichever is the later, prior to commencing with NSW Health Service
How to apply
Your application is to be submitted through E-Credential ONLY. To apply please click this link,
Applications close on 03 December 2023 and must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners for the above position(s) in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. The position will be primarily located at Nepean Hospital within the Department of Anaesthesia.
NBMLHD services a population of over 350,000 people in Western Sydney. Nepean Hospital has 550 beds, 16 operating theatres and a 24 bedded ICU. There are over 4,000 deliveries a year and in excess of 60,000 ED presentations per year. All surgical specialties are provided with the exception of cardiac, ophthalmology and major paediatric surgery. The department is ANZCA accredited and has approximately 70 specialist anaesthetists and 35 trainees.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic, skilled professionals with a commitment to providing excellent clinical care in a tertiary public hospital. They will be joining a diverse, friendly, and supportive environment with growing opportunities to develop sub specialist interests in our rapidly expanding hospital, with stage 1 redevelopment now open.
Expertise in and commitments to any aspect of perioperative medicine, any aspect of systemic quality improvement and the capacity and willingness to provide services to other hospitals within NBMLHD with the substantive commitment to services within Nepean will be viewed favourably.
The number of sessions will be by negotiation with the department. On Call is allocated on a pro rata basis. Appointees may be eligible for credentialing and privileging across all other facilities in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District and a willingness to provide such services will be an advantage.
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
- Possess or be eligible for registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Possess Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anesthetists (ANZCA) and/or equivalent specialist recognition as provided for by the Health Insurance Act 1997 and Staff Specialists (NSW) Award. Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position.
- Sound clinical knowledge in Anaesthesia demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and junior medical staff supervision consistent with contemporary best practice supervision standards.
- Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical /Dental Practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
- Familiarity with research concepts and commitment to support basic, applied, or clinical research as required within the Department.
Conditions of appointment are in accordance with the Health Services Act 1997,
Employees and Contractors must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
The position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of Children’s Guardian website: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Successful applicants will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Please click on the link for further information http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2018_009.pdf
To see a full position description, please click Here
Enquiries: Dr Bruce Graham, Clinical Director of the Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management - Mobile: +61 0413 595 201