SLH-Sutter Lakeside Hospital Position Overview:
Provides professional nursing care for patients. Under the general direction of the Manager, the Registered Nurse I or II independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately, therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May supervise the work and function for other Registered nurses, and nursing assistants. The nurse has access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as outlined in this job description. This includes access to the patient's medical record.
SIGN ON BONUS: $20,000. Available to external candidates in accordance with the Sutter Health policy Job Description
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Associate's: Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- RN I: Entry level with less than one year of recent acute care nursing experience
- RN II: Greater than six months recent acute care nursing experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- RN III: Voluntary designation earned using collective bargaining agreement RN III Career Ladder Program
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the populations served in the department.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient education skills for the patient population served.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills and use of office equipment (e.g., fax machine, scanner, etc.).
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards.
Full Time Shift Hours:
12 Days of the Week:
Variable Weekend Requirements:
Every other Weekend Benefits:
Yes Position Status:
Non-Exempt Weekly Hours:
36 Employee Status:
Regular Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Pay Range is $59.19 to $80.10 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: