Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans - to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You'll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed. Responsibilities
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager works within an interdisciplinary team to facilitate the patient plan of care throughout the continuum of care by ensuring appropriate utilization management, care coordination, resource utilization, and clinical documentation. The RN Case Manager will function within the Mayo Clinical Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and communicating the patient care plan progression. The RN Case Manager utilizes the principles of mutual respect, patient/family advocacy and provides leadership within the team of internal partners and outside agencies to facilitate best practices that achieve quality clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes. The RN Case Manager provides leadership through education on case management/utilization management concepts, committee work, research, and community involvement. The RN Case Manager bridges communication between providers, patients and families, members of the interdisciplinary team, and outside agencies to assure high-quality care that meets the patient's needs and is delivered in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The American Case Manager Association Standards of Practice and Scope of Services for Health Care Delivery System Case Management and Transitions of Care Professionals (2013) are reflected.
This role is eligible for TN sponsorship. Holders of F1 status eligible for post-completion OPT are welcome to apply. This role is NOT eligible to participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program. Successful sponsorship will require state licensure and completion of the VisaScreen or equivalent certification.QualificationsQualifications
License and Certifications:
- Graduate of an accredited, or those in the candidacy process, baccalaureate nursing program (BSN), as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA). If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN,CCNE, and NLN CNEA, at least one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is required. If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is required or, effective October 1st, 2017 one year of current LPN experience at Mayo Clinic is required.
- One year of RN Case Management experience required.
- 3 years of acute nursing preferred
- Certification (CCM or ACM-RN) preferred.
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Additional state licensure(s) and/or specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Compensation range is $40.65 -$61.02 / hour depending on experience. Benefits Eligible
Part TimeHours/Pay Period
Varied, SupplementalSchedule Details
Day Shift: 12 hour shifts, 7:00am.- 7:30pmWeekend Schedule
2 weekend shifts in a 4 week period. No on call requirement. International Assignment
Just as our reputation has spread beyond our Minnesota roots, so have our locations. Today, our employees are located at our three major campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, Jacksonville, Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and at Mayo Clinic Health System campuses throughout Midwestern communities, and at our international locations. Each Mayo Clinic location is a special place where our employees thrive in both their work and personal lives. Learn more about what each unique Mayo Clinic campus has to offer, and where your best fit is. Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available. Recruiter