Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a Medical Director for the Molecular Genetics Service | Work for a Prestigious University | Drive Discovery and Improve Care of Patients | Nashville, TN
The Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is seeking a medical director for the Molecular Genetics Service. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. and/or M.D. and should be ABP board-certified in molecular genetic pathology, or ABMGG board-certified in molecular genetics or in laboratory genetics and genomics (LGG). The ideal candidate will have at least five years of post-fellowship experience, including experience as a laboratory medical director and possess excellent leadership and team building skills.
Vanderbilt is a national leader in precision medicine, bringing together world-class experts in clinical genetics, genetic testing, biomedical informatics, pharmacogenetics, and population health to drive discovery and improve care of patients. The Molecular Genetics Service plays a key role in these efforts.
- Set and implement the strategic vision for the Molecular Genetics Service, which includes molecular diagnostics, clinical genomics, and cytogenetics laboratories, keeping pace with advancements in technology and clinical care, and aligning with institutional and departmental goals for growth
- Work on the campus of the prestigious Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, ranked No. 13 in Best Medical Schools: Research by US News & World Report
- Work in close collaboration with the operational Manager of the service to ensure high-quality state-of-the-art laboratory testing for VUMC patients and clients
- Collaborate with Section Medical Directors in the clinical practice, management, and research and development activities of the laboratories
- Participate in teaching and mentoring LGG and Molecular Genetic Pathology fellows and pathology residents
Community Information – Southern Living with No State Income Tax
- One of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, Nashville has everything you need to enjoy an excellent quality of life. Filled with ample amenities, genuine Southern hospitality, events, and activities for individuals of all ages, and gorgeous scenery, Music City has something for everyone.Named one of the best places to live in Tennessee (Niche)
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state
- Country music capital of the world and home of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- Plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors—hiking, biking, kayaking, camping, and more
- Arts and cultural attractions, breweries and distilleries, world-class shops and restaurants, endless entertainment options, an international airport, professional sports, and more
To Apply, please e-mail your CV and Letter of Interest to Ally Geller at email@example.com.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled