Ochsner LSU Health System-Shreveport and LSU Health Sciences Center-Shreveport seek a Pulmonary/Critical Care physician to join our growing Division & contribute to the academic and clinical mission. Home to a broad array of clinical services, including Interventional Pulmonary, eICU, and an ECMO Center of Excellence, our group includes intensivists, PCCM, and Interventional Pulmonologists who work collaboratively in a busy but fulfilling practice. This position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor position in the Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care in the Department of Medicine. Candidates must be BE/BC and eligible for an active Louisiana license.
Highlights of the Position:
- 12 Faculty
- 6 APPs
- 75 bed ICU
- Mixed inpatient and outpatient practice (team includes Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistant)
- Critical Care, hospital consults, pulmonary procedures, and outpatient pulmonary medicine
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Shreveport/ Bossier is a medium-size urban area with a favorable cost of living and excellent quality of life.
- Combines teaching and patient care, with available research opportunities and support
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students, residents and fellows